Thanks to my love for fitness I’ve networked with a handful of people. A conversation I had with my friend Elnathan a few weeks ago got me into this “mess”. He told me he wanted to be my be fitness partner. I told him no problem at all, just run 5km a day for 5 straight days and we can start talking. Then because I love a challenge I joined in, mind you, I didn’t even have to run but I did. That time I’m already hosting fitness classes this month; I’m working out not once but twice a day. Hello toned body!
The weather has been brutal. Waking up to a minimum temperature of 8 degrees and having to choose between going out to run or staying in your warm blankets was the greatest mental test of all! Hard as it was we both managed to complete the challenge and looking forward to a few days of rest. is officially my fitness partner till the end of the year. We will both be spicing up your fitness life and you will have a love hate relationship with us because you will run like you have never run before.
A few fun facts about the #5ivers #GetFitCampaign Challenge:
- The mental strength that powered up after day 3; you are your biggest cheerleader.
- My quads are more toned than they were before we started the challenge.
- My endurance is now top notch.
- I loved the uninterrupted sleep that came with this challenge, going to bed at 8pm never felt so good.
- The feeling of accomplishment, setting out a goal and demolishing it one run at a time is priceless.
- The pain in my legs was unbearable, day 4 was the hardest of them all.
- The weather; running in the blistering cold was not something to look forward to AT ALL.
- Fatigue, I couldn’t even enjoy watching a good movie without falling asleep a few minutes into it.
- Waking up.
- Running in the dark.
We have something fun lined up for next week as well. Follow us on social media platforms, you don’t want to miss out. The beauty of our challenges is anyone and everyone can take part and it’s absolutely free!
Being fit is the new sexy.