We all lead very busy lives and some days, cooking is the last thing we want to do. After a long day at school or work; you want the quickest fix! Unfortunately, sometimes this ends up being a takeaway or a very unhealthy choice to keep hunger at bay.
So why not fix a quick, healthy AND delicious meal in just under 30 minutes?
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 20 minutes
(Timing will vary based on amounts being cooked)
- Chicken breasts
(Any other vegetables you have for example; baby corn, carrots, bean sprouts, green beans)
- Egg Noodles
- Soy Sauce
- Spices and seasoning of your choice (spices used in this recipe – salt, crushed chillis, chilli powder, curry powder)
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-size chunks
- Season with various spices
- Cover and let the chicken marinate a few minutes. (If possible, marinate chicken the night before for MAXIMUM flavour)
- Wash and prepare the various vegetables
- Fry the chicken breasts on medium heat until golden brown (ensure chicken is thoroughly cooked in the middle)
- Transfer the chicken to another pot where you will later mix everything
- In the pan that you fried the chicken in, fry vegetables
- Transfer the vegetables to the pot with the chicken
- Add boiling water to pan and cook the noodles until soft
- Drain excess water and add noodles to chicken and vegetables
Mix together and serve!
Thank you to Tanya for the mouth watering recipe. Tanya is a food lover and her social media pages will leave you hungry so whatever you do, follow her at your own risk!
Thank you for tuning into my Health and Fitness Journey series. Today marks Episode 10 and it’s the last episode on the blog. I hope you have taken a few valuable lessons with you and you will also thrive on your own fitness journey.