These DIY home equipment ideas will have you getting fit without having to set foot in a gym! I am the one person who strongly believes in improvising when it comes to exercise. It’s no lie that some exercise equipment is expensive and it is only practical to have some DIY equipment handy to make your fitness journey a breeze. I would encourage you do the same without breaking a budget and here are a few tips you can try out.
- Go and run! Running is free. You have no excuse not to try this out. If you can’t run then power walk if you must. Just make sure you have a good pair of shoes, you don’t want to get any injuries.
- Skip. I usually do nothing less than 10 minutes of intense skipping and that alone burns about 125 calories. The best part about skipping is that a rope is reasonably priced ranging from anything from $1 to $20 depending on how fancy a rope you want.
- Dance. I know you read this and thought to yourself, really? Yes, dancing works wonders. If you can’t get a hold of Zumba or any other dance DVD workouts then just create a playlist on your phone and dance the next 20 to 30 minutes. You will need an upbeat playlist to get yourself into the groove.
- Join a team of fitness junkies. I started a fitness movement and part of it involves meeting in the park once a month for fitness related activities. I am working on having group runs every fortnight. You can also search for something of the sort in your area and chances are it will not cost you an arm and a let, better still, it will be just like mine where just your presence and no fee is required.
- Flip a tyre! You can get these from anywhere if you just keep your eyes open. You can flip it, lift it or even do push ups.
- Do push ups with a weighted satchel on your back. @Jera
- Run up and down a stair case. The best part about is that stairs don’t cost a single dime. Go up and down the stairs at home, when you visit a friend at their office, during your lunch break, when you get home from work. The moment you see stairs just take the opportunity and use them, you can thank me later. @Jera
- Walking. You have heard all the lines before so I won’t bore you with them. Just set a target to walk at least 10 000 steps a day and you are good to go. @KingKGC
- Weight train. I use 5 litre water containers filled with either water or sand to create weights for bicep curls or any other work out that requires weights.@FitnessHunk
- Lastly. Be friends with the internet. There is so much you can find on social media platforms to help you on your journey. I mostly use Pinterest for new routines to try out. All I can tell you is researching and trying out new things will go a long way for you.
I am sure you have no reason not to try these ideas out. DIY equipment is within your house you just have to be creative about it. Do you have any other DIY tips and tricks you know that you would like to share? Kindly share in the comments section.
A special thank you to Peshy for the picture, she is the one in the middle holding a squat position. She is also a fitness junkie and you can find her on Instagram @fit_fabmum
Stay logged onto my Health and Fitness Journey Series Episode 6 will be live on Tuesday at 9:00am. I will be sharing information on What Is The Best Exercise For You?