Cauliflower is one of the few things I like to eat but rarely know what to do with other than boil it and add a dash of oil and salt. Thankfully today Yapi was kind enough to share a healthy and easy to make recipe that includes this delicious vegetable.
1. Chop and boil carrots and green beans and put aside
2. Chop 1 onion, green pepper and 1 tomato and put aside.
3. Cut chicken breasts into strips, add salt and pepper, paprika and garlic.
4. Add a bit of oil in a pan and fry the chicken until golden brown.
5. Add in onions, green pepper, tomato (and whatever vegetables you may want to add)
6. Mix in the carrots and green beans that were previously boiled.
7. Cut up cauliflower head and potato and boil for 15-20 minutes
8. Strain any left over water and leave aside.
9. Mash with a potato masher, fork or hand blender until it’s at a consistency you like and add parsley (Add milk or left over water to help get a creamy consistency)
10. Serve! Use chopped chives to garnish.
Yapikachi won the cook off challenge we held last week during the #UrsulaChallenge and won herself 5 bonus points. I loved her plate. It’s what I call a “happy plate”. The presentation is on point, there is a variety of colour and texture and best of all you just want to dive in and enjoy it.