I am sorry to announce that my blog title was misleading, but seeing that you already clicked the link let’s get on to reading shall we? I unfortunately do not have the answer to fighting stress but I can tell you how I manage my own stress or fears.
Health and wellness is not exclusively about your physical being but your mental state is of great importance too. This is how I attempt to fight stress when it hits me.
- I run. I already have a serious and dedicated running workout plan but when I am stressed out or worried about something I run like there is no tomorrow at a pace that even scares me. Maybe it’s my body’s way of “running away” from my troubles.
- I read a lot of self help articles online.
- I fix myself something to eat that is packed with a tonne of calories; most days it works but on some days I end up feeling worse than what I was initially feeling. (Don’t try this idea)
- I fix a seriously strong drink and down it. Unfortunately my alcohol tolerance levels are pathetic lately so two or three glasses later I fall asleep.
- I call my closest cousin or text my very close friends on WhatsApp and try to figure out what to do about how I am feeling.
- I sleep.
- I take time off from work to try and sort out my feelings.
- I attempt to cry. I am messed up like that, I can’t seem to cry for reasons that I still unknown to me. But making out faces of what I would look like when I am crying helps me in a weird sort of way.
- I pray.
- I try and keep a positive mindset and remind myself that this too shall come to pass.
There you have it the 10 not-so-effective ways to fighting stress, do attempt them at your own risk!
How do you handle stress when it comes your way?