I know most people have a million reasons why they haven’t started exercising. Minus the “I will start on Monday” (Today is Monday by the way); the most common excuse I have heard is; “I don’t have anyone to work out with.” I’m here to tell you that what you really need to do is stop the excuses and get on with the programme. The only person you need to go out there and exercise is yourself!
Here are 5 reasons why I suggest you run on your own:
- You have control over what time you will go for your run. There is no need to have to factor in what time is convenient for your running partner.
- You can run at your own speed. Choosing to go fast or slow is completely up to you.
- You will push yourself harder. Thanks to technology we now have a variety of running applications and through them you can track things like your distance, pace and elevation. You can push yourself to do better than you did the previous day and get better at running each day.
- You have time to yourself with your thoughts. There is nothing as priceless as a morning or evening run to clear your head.
- You are accountable to yourself. You are the only person you can blame if you don’t go out for a run.
That said; did you workout today? If not what was your excuse this time around? For more hilarious excuses I have heard in the past click here.
If you really want to see results I would suggest you Just Do It!