One of the many different things we love to do is to have discussions on different topics. A few weeks ago I asked the team for tips on how to get started on a fitness journey. Most people want to exercise but have no clue where to even begin so because we believe in sharing useful information if you are a beginner or are a regular and just need some motivation this read is for you.
- Set realistic goals!
- Do not restrict yourself. Workout in or outdoors and find out which environment is best suited for you.
- Watch what you eat. Do not starve yourself and go on a spinach and water diet all day. You can still enjoy food but make smart choices. Take time to think and prepare, no one started an expert.
- You need to eat, without that your metabolism will slow down and that causes weight gain.
- Experts say it takes 21 days to break a habit. Make exercise a habit, that way you will miss it when you don’t do it.
- Your muscles need time to recover so REST and stretch. Stretch before and after a workout and also on rest days.
- We live in a world of technology, don’t be left behind! Download an application that will help you track your exercise progress.
- Build your body by incorporating resistance training, cardio workout and healthy eating. Different cardio workouts include walking, running, swimming and bike riding.
- “Feel” your workout, don’t just do the numbers without actually doing your routines in proper form.
- ASK QUESTIONS; especially to those who are already on the journey and have visible results. If you don’t ask you might not see the results that you want.
Lastly, you can join team #RunWithFitnessBae by hitting the Like button on Facebook and get more tips on how to make your fitness journey exciting!