I’m going to run my second half marathon to date on Saturday and I’m excited! Running makes me happy. Running keeps me sane. Running is the definitely the next best thing after sex, well; for me anyway!
On our way home yesterday my colleague, Tawanda, asked me what I was going to be up to over the weekend and I leisurely told him I wanted to go for the Bon Marché Walk-A-Robix but the location is too far seeing that I’m not mobile. It was my lucky day because he was going with his friend Gloria; and she called a few minutes after we had the half marathon conversation. She was registering for both of them and I begged him to ask her to do the same for me and I’d reimburse her money. A few minutes later she called to confirm that everything was in order, happy days!
Why I love Bon Marché fitness dos:
- They’re reasonably priced, $5 gets you a t-shirt or vest and they are good quality too! I still have my t-shirt from the very first do I attended close to 3 years ago.
- They’re organised; nothing makes me happy as much as event organisers who keep time.
- They serve refreshments, no need to worry about packing my own water bottle.
- It’s a colourful event, it brings a lot of fitness enthusiasts together, just watch this space for the selfies I’m going to take.
- They’re fitness competitions after the run so you stand a chance to walk away with a cool prize!
After taking another look at the running route I noticed that it’s ending at 18K, well, the overzealous me will run all the way to get to 21k, why stop when I can hit my actual target?
You can register at any of their 8 Bon Marché branches. However, YOU CAN NOT register on the day.
I hope to see you there. I know I’ll be there seeing that I’ve already paid for it!
What are you doing this Saturday?