Don’t let being broke stop you from flourishing on your weight loss journey. I’ve heard so many people telling me that the number one reason they aren’t doing anything about their weight is because starting the journey is expensive. You’re reading this and thinking heck yes; gym membership IS expensive, have you seen the price for running gear, also those fancy foods you have to your diet to stay fit are pricey. Yes, I do agree to all this but it’s time to ditch the excuses and trust me when I tell you that in order to achieve your goals you have to get creative and today I’m sharing my one secret.
Download A Workout App
All you need is battery power and data or WiFi access on your phone and within minutes you have yourself a new friend. If you’re in Zimbabwe you can expect to buy data for $1 that way you can download this 84.7MB application. I’m currently madly in love with the 7M Workout For Women App.
- My favourite feature is the calendar which keeps track of how many days as well as minutes have you worked out each day.
- The other thing I love about this app is that once you download it you don’t need to have data in your phone to use it.
- I’m a huge fan of Pinterest and before using this app I used to either screenshot my workouts from my boards or print them out then refer to them during my workout session. An actual chore! Thanks to this app which comes with an “instructor” as well as images of how to actually do the workout you get to exercise in proper form and not have to do guess work.
- As the app name suggests most of the workouts are 7 minutes long and you have the option of doing more sets depending on what your body is comfortable with as well as how much time you have to get your fit on.
Please note that in order for you to lose the weight you need to do the work. If you just download this app and it’s idle in your phone or use it once in a while then you won’t get the results you want. If you’re serious then welcome to the club of going hard or going home. I can testify that I’ve lost 2kgs since I started using this app two weeks ago; I’ve coupled up with a strict diet and staying well hydrated.
On a scale of 0-10 with 10 being the best I say using 7M Workout For Women App is a perfect 10. The bonus is their recent update which I absolutely love; it now has both morning and evening stretch workouts. Perfect way to start and end your day.
I’m not a nutritionist or fitness professional, this is what has worked for me and you might be lucky too.
I asked my friends on Twitter “What are some of the apps that you use on your phone that are keeping you physically and mentally fit?”
- @tinohondo Fitbit, Noom, Pinterest, WhatsApp (for mental wellness)
- @kapa187 Nike Run Club, My Fitness Pal , 30 Day Fitness Challenge
- @LeahMabhurukwa Google Fit. My target is 10,000 steps/day. My stats have been embarrassingly low this past week. My work requires me sitting in front of the computer all day so I haven’t been as active as I would have liked. I like it because it’s simple and I can also keep track of my heart rate throughout the day
- @tina_blackrose Shealth for running. Exercise Timer for gym. My Fitness Pal for counting calories. My favourite is definitely Exercise Timer. It’s for customising workouts. You build your own workout and time every move. It reads out the next exercise as you go. I don’t have to remember the sequence or worry about timing.
- @MissChiMystique Believe it or not WhatsApp groups , Nike Training App, Fossil Accomplice step tracker and the Samsung Health app. I like the benchmark challenge that Nike Training has. It really highlights how strong you are. The Fossil Accomplice will actually count the steps you made in comparison to Samsung Health which lies sometimes. Samsung Health helps me manage my sleep times better.
What are your favourite workout apps and what else has worked for you while working on a tight budget?